Cloud-Based Document Management Built for the Modern Law Firm
The practice of law is document-intensive. Most matters involve hundreds, if not thousands, of documents, with numerous iterations along the way. CARET Legal helps firms efficiently manage and safeguard these files. Built in to CARET Legal’s robust practice management solution, the document management system has unparalleled interoperability with CARET Legal’s other native tools, including our Intelligent Email, Dynamic CRM and Task Management.
CARET Legal's Document Management Solution
- Intelligent in-document search
- Versioning (manual and automatic)
- Instant previews of documents (virtually any format), as well as images, videos and audio files
- Commenting per document and per version
- Foldering with ability to upload documents and folder hierarchies from desktop
- File locking and tagging
- One-click emailing
- Unlimited document storage for Enterprise and EnterprisePlus plans. Max file size per document: 5 GB (Core); 10 GB (Enterprise); 50 GB (EnterprisePlus)
- Edit Microsoft Word (.DOCX) files without leaving CARET Legal using z-Editor. A timer will automatically run and your edits will save as a new version.
- Automatically create document folders for new matters based on practice area
- Attach to tasks
- Convert to PDF
- Merge multiple files into a single PDF portfolio document
- Edit matter-related documents and automatically save them back to CARET Legal using zDrive™
- Securely share documents using CARET Legal’s client portal, Caseway™
- Open and save documents directly from Microsoft Word™ into the corresponding CARET Legal Matter using CARET Legal’s Word Ribbon Plugin.
Want to learn more about CARET Legal’s DMS? Check out our recent webinar.
*CARET Legal’s Document Management System is available to all CARET Legal users, at no extra cost to the firm.
CARET Legal makes it easy to extract text from data tables, documents and handwriting from virtually any file type and surface through an AI-enabled OCR scan. With the ability to scan information on street signs, car license plates, handwritten letters and more, firms can scan critical information into CARET Legal in a matter of seconds while eliminating manual entry.
Effortless Editing of Any File with zDrive™
With multiple members of your team working on the same documents, you need a system in place that can easily update edited documents and record changes made by each team member.
Using zDrive, users can edit matter-related files and save them to CARET Legal with greater ease.
What’s the Word for Efficient? CARET Legal’s Microsoft Word™ Ribbon Plugin
CARET Legal’s document management system is already easy and intuitive, but for Microsoft Word™ users, we’ve taken it to the next level. CARET Legal’s Word Ribbon Plugin* makes opening or saving documents directly from Microsoft Word™ into the corresponding CARET Legal Matter a breeze.
No more upload and download. Open up Word, click on the CARET Legal tab and voilà, you can now:
- Open matter-related documents from any matter folder or subfolder stored in CARET Legal
- Save new documents or new versions of existing documents directly into matters
- See when the document was last updated, by whom and the size
- Create new folders and subfolders within matters
- Comment on documents, use existing or create new tags
- File locking and tagging
CARET Legal has a deep integration with NetDocuments and Worldox, the leading document management systems for law firms. With this cross-platform functionality, CARET Legal users can easily access all files stored within their document management platform without ever leaving CARET Legal.
CARET Legal also integrates seamlessly with OneDrive. iManage integration coming soon.