Practice Management Software for Insurance Defense Attorneys
CARET Legal’s robust law practice management solution provides insurance defense firms with specialized tools to maximize efficiency, productivity and profitability.
Sophisticated Billing Tools Designed for Insurance Defense Practices
CARET Legal offers advanced billing tools designed to help you get bills out, and payments in, much faster.
- Flexible LEDES invoicing and budgeting
- Robust hard cost management
- Split billing allows you to bill multiple clients on a single matter with ease
- Consolidated invoices for clients with multiple open matters in a billing cycle
- Pre-billing for efficient invoice review and approval
Complete Business & Trust Accounting
Unlike other cloud-based legal practice management solutions, CARET Legal doesn’t rely on third-party integrations for accounting functions. CARET Legal offers native, robust business and trust accounting, and comprehensive reporting for midsize firms (and smaller ones obsessed with all of the numbers). Features include:
- Retainer and Trust Fund Management
- Accounts Payable Management
- Download Bank/Credit Card Activity for Easier Reconciliation
CARET Legal also features over 30 single-click reports so you can easily make sense of all of your data points from the front to the back office:
- Productivity Reports – Billable Hours Recap, Flat Fee Productivity, Timekeeper Productivity
- Compensation Reports – Fee Allocation Report, Split Compensation, Referral Payments
- Client Reports – AR Aging Summary, Statement of Account, Client Payments
- Generally Accounting – P&L, General Ledger, Write-Off report
- Trust Reports – WIP-AR Trust Report, Three-Way Reconciliation
Industry-Leading Matter Management Tools for Your Front Office
- Patented Email Management
- Streamlined Task Management
- Powerful Document Management and Automation
- Legal Calendaring
- Secure Client/Co-Counsel Portal
- Dedicated iOS and Android Mobile Apps
- Contact Management
- Dynamic CRM and Intake Management
Document Management & Automation
Store and organize your insurance defense firm’s matter-related files and documents in one location. All users with matter-level permissions are able to view, edit and share documents, fostering collaboration within your firm. With CARET Legal’s robust document management system, your firm can create folders and sub-folders, lock files when updates are being made and securely send documents through CARET Legal’s client portal, Caseway™. Using zDrive, documents can be edited and automatically saved back to CARET Legal as a new version, keeping track of which team member made the latest update.
CARET Legal’s integration with NetDocuments, the leading cloud-based document management system, allows you to access matter-related files, upload or download files and perform advanced searches of files stored within NetDocuments right from your CARET Legal account.
*NetDocuments Subscription Required
Dedicated Mobile Apps
CARET Legal’s dedicated iOS and Android apps allow insurance defense attorneys to take their practice on the go whether they’re in court, traveling or just working from home. Stay connected to your matter-related email, calendar events, tasks, documents and more when you’re out of the office.