2020 was a year of trials and tribulations, which cultivated a desire for greater understanding from other people. Now in 2021, “human compassion towards co-workers and clients will be an expected and welcomed change” according to Nancy Griffing and Robert Rice, both partners with 3545 Consulting. The two spoke on the topic and highlighted the ways in which compassion will marry with technology and what this means for the future of the legal industry on February 25th, during a CARET Legal-sponsored ALA Webcast.
The webcast explored how technology can automate processes to allow lawyers to focus on the increasingly important human side of the legal industry. Fostering work-life balance with family, clients, and the office and increasing empathy in 2021 were also conversation points.
The discussion included:
- Shifting sympathy into empathy to increase compassion in the workplace
- Automating technology for a better work-life balance
- Navigating the intersecting of the office, family and clients
- Reassessing current work situations to figure out how to make it work long-term
- Utilizing different types of technology to improve the current work environment